How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
According to the experts, how many miles tires should last can vary wildly depending upon your driving style and where you’re driving. On average, however, your tires should last you about 50,000 miles on Columbia streets. Read on to learn about all the factors that can affect how long tires last, and then get in touch with Honda of Columbia for tire replacement in Lexington.
What Factors Affect Tire’s Life Expectancy?
The answer to “how many miles should tire last?” may be around 50,000 miles on Irmo streets, but the answer to “how many miles do tires last?” varies dramatically depending on a long list of factors:
- Type of tire: All-season tires tend to last longer. High-performance tires tend to be more tractable, but if you drive the way they were designed to be driven (with enthusiasm), they’ll wear faster.
- Tread wear rating: Your tires will be marked with a tread wear rating that indicates how long they can be driven.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles, because of where the main power for forward motion comes from.
- Road conditions: Do you regularly drive on county roads with gravel? How about salt, ice, and snow? Do you do a lot of off-road driving? If so, your tires are taking a great beating.
- Driving habits: If you have a tendency to accelerate really quickly or brake really hard, you’re beating up your tires. Try accelerating gradually or coasting to a stop.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated. Over-inflated and under-inflated tires will wear faster.
- Rotate your tires so they wear evenly. This ensures that if one tire is wearing faster than the other, it won’t shrink faster and take more of the vehicle’s weight.
- Lastly, keep up your maintenance schedule, so we can field for problems that might wear your tires out faster.
How Many Miles Do Tires Last When Properly Serviced at Honda of Columbia?
You now have a better understanding of how long tires should last based on a variety of factors. However, when it’s time to get your tires replaced or repaired, there’s no shortage of auto centers in the Columbia and Irmo area. So, why schedule a service appointment at Honda of Columbia?
We owe it all to our dedicated, experienced, and friendly service technicians. You can always rely on our team members to provide you with competitive prices, streamlined service, and accurate estimates. Visit us at our Lexington Service Center, conveniently located near West Columbia. Our relaxing lounge offers speedy Wi-Fi, piping hot fresh coffee, crystal clear TVs, and the following premium auto services:
- Tire Replacements: As the only part of your vehicle to transfer the efforts of the engine and brakes to the road, your tires are in some ways the most important part of your vehicle. How many miles your tires should last depends on the maintenance you provide them. Luckily, we can make sure they last as long as they should and then replace them if or when they eventually wear out.
- Car Battery Replacement: Car batteries are important because they are what provide the initial kick of energy needed to start your vehicle. They tend to run out of juice after several years of use, so get your checked with us when your vehicle begins to start slower than normal.
- Oil Change Service: Your engine has hundreds of rapidly moving metal OEM Honda parts inside it, and these parts require oil to move smoothly and not cause immediate problems. Keeping the oil fresh by changing it once or twice a year is essential to keeping your engine going for many years to come.
- Brake Inspections: Your brakes are important, for obvious reasons, but they are also relatively inexpensive to service. If you hear any noises while braking, bring your vehicle by Honda of Columbia, so we can make sure it’s in good condition.
Let Honda of Columbia Help You Stay on Top of Tire Replacement
The difference between how many miles tires should last and how many miles tires do last can vary greatly. If West Columbia drivers are still unsure of where your tires are at, don’t hesitate to give Honda of Columbia a call at 803-799-1080. We’ll inspect your tires, and if you do need a tire replacement, we’ll make sure you get quality in the right size. Have other questions about car care? Be sure to check out our service tips for other helpful reads about common car care issues like determining good mileage on a used car and more!