What is the 2020 Honda CR-V Safety Rating
The 2020 Honda CR-V is in Lexington, offering drivers all the benefits of a modern compact SUV and continues a long legacy of great manufacturing. While performance and amenities make an SUV stellar, the 2020 Honda CR-V safety ratings may be the most impressive aspect of this vehicle. Honda of Columbia covers CR-V safety ratings below!
2020 Honda CR-V Safety Rating: NHTSA
The NHTSA* — the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration — puts vehicles through common crash scenarios and rates their performance out of 5 stars. The 2020 Honda CR-V received 4 stars for Rollover performance and a perfect 5 stars for the following:
- Frontal Crash
- Side Crash
These stats led to an overall 5-star rating from the NHTSA. So whether you’re using your CR-V for commuting in Columbia or for towing a camper outside Irmo, you’ll have powerful safety features to support you and your passengers.
2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings: IIHS Ratings
Another standard-bearer for CR-V safety ratings is the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety**. They test for metrics like Crashworthiness and Crash Avoidance and Mitigation. You can earn a “Poor,” “Marginal,” “Good,” or “Superior” ranking, and the 2020 Honda CR-V is a top safety pick for earning “Good” and “Superior” in multiple categories.
2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings: “Good” Crashworthiness on:
- Head Restraints and Seats
- Moderate Overlap Front
- Small Overlap Front, driver-side and passenger-side
- Roof Strength
2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings: Crash Avoidance and Mitigation
- Good/Acceptable/Marginal Headlights (varies by trim)
- Superior Front Crash Prevention, vehicle-to-vehicle
- Superior Front Crash Prevention, vehicle-to-passenger
Safety Features on the 2020 Honda CR-V
The safety specs and critical ratings of the Honda CR-V inspire confidence. These advanced features are standard across all trims of the Honda CR-V, thanks to the Honda Sensing® Suite, so whatever West Columbia driver decide, they’ll be in a safe CR-V. These features include:
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
Further performance-enhancing safety features and technologies on the 2020 CR-V include:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines of Dynamic Guidelines
Find the 2020 Honda CR-V at Honda of Columbia
If these Honda CR-V safety ratings inspire confidence and you want to learn more about the interior of this SUV, find out more with Honda of Columbia. We’re proud to provide Lexington drivers with safe cars for whatever their needs. Contact us with any questions today!
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags
**For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.